Re: How to install Brother 2070N - SOLVED

Carl Fink wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 01:05:21AM -0400, [KS] wrote:
>

>>I had followed the directions and then went to http://localhost:631 and
>>found the printer listed. Then I clicked on "Modify Printer", used ipp
>>protocol and after that step I'm stuck at "Model/Driver for HL2070N"
>>printer. The options for make do not include a Brother make!
>

> It isn't clear to me exactly what you did.  Did you install the PPD file as
> per
>
> 	http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/cups_ps_install.html
>
> ?

I didn't need to install the ppd file. After installing the LPR driver
and the CUPS wrapper script I was trying to configure the printer via
http://localhost:631 i.e. cups. I later realized that after installing
the CUPS installation, the CUPS daemon was not restarted. After
restarting it, Brother option was there on the printer driver page.

Now the printer is printing fine via the network.

Thanks for the help.

/KS