Re: Official CD Images Stable or Unstable?

----- Original Message ----- From: "pnguine" <pnguine@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.user
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 2:41 PM
Subject: Official CD Images Stable or Unstable?
I just d'l'd the first 4 'Official torrents for the stable release on
CD' CDs and 'installed' them using apt-cdrom. But the apt sources.list
file is pointing to 'unstable'. Does anyone know why? Do I have the
official stable release or the unstable release. If it is unstable how
do I 'back-up' to the stable version?

If the lines look like they have anything to do with the cds,then this is normal. On a CD all of 'stable, testing, and unstable' are linked to each other. This was a design decision. therefore the cdlines can refer to unstable without being a problem. In theroty they could have said stable, so I do wonder why they don't. Never-the-less If a cdline says unstable there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks