Re: Apt for organising things other than executables?

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 07:50:23PM +0100, Maximillian Murphy wrote:

> > And just a tiny sprinkling of chocolate chips on the cream?
> >

> Nah, just a straight analysis would do fine.  The apt docs that come
> up first on Google are all about how to use apt with the Debian
> package databases, surprise surprise, and no role expanding policy
> seems to be in place.  I suppose I could just look at the apt related
> files on my computer and the apt-collectable programs on a boot CD and
> see whether I can figure it out from there.

I don't think you realize how hard to understand your question was.

Also, don't hijack threads for new questions, start a new thread.

BTW, "equivs" might be what you want.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.