How to save ALSA mic selection as mic2 rather than mic1?

[Please include my email address in any replies]

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone could help me figure out how to set my mic default to be mic2 please?

I am using Debian sarge install from around Feb, updated a few times since then.

In KMix there is not a mic selection mode. So in a konsole window I can run "alsamixer" and from there I can select mic2 instead of mic1. However, unfortunately when I reboot the mic is back to defaulting to mic1 again :(

Anyone know how I can save it on mic2  please?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind regards
JG