Re: Pulling out the new EPOX EP-8VTAI motherboard

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi Debian!

This is for info in case anybody googles for this motherboard, by chance.

I bought an EPOX EP-8VTAI 2 months ago with an Athlon XP 2700+ Thoroughbred CPU. (combo less that $100)

I am pulling them out and returning to the old Abit KT7A.

Reason: unexplained kernel panics in the weirdest places at no particular speed or load or place or temperature.

The book said that the default DIMM voltage was 2.5v but in fact both optimum defaults and safefail defaults show it as 2.7v.

Since then the system has been free of errors through today: 09/03/05.

Correction on that price: combo less than $150.