Re: U.S. federal income tax program

Ron Johnson wrote:

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 10:10 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
What exactly are you looking for?

There are a large number of 100% web-based tax programs available.
These work very well on Linux.

Am I the only person who has seen all of the sites that leave
confidential data just lying around on publicly accessible servers,
and not want my tax info to be lying around on misconfigured tax
web servers?

Most of the information contained in tax returns is probably lying around on all kinds of publicly accessible servers. That is if you have bank accounts, loans, finicial aid, mortgage, school applications, job applications, criminal record... I wouldn't doubt if the IRS keeps this information on servers that are publicly accessible. Theres not much you can do to stop someone who really wants this info. from getting it.