Re: libc6-686 (was Re: Postgresql on Debian)

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 20:50 +0100, Dave Ewart wrote:

> Ron Johnson wrote:
> >>That's about right: libc6 is available as libc6-i686, and there are
> >
> > Do you see any measurable benefits from using libc6-i686?
>
> Never tried to measure it and for all I know it could even perform less
> well than the i386 build ...  Didn't seem a big deal to install the i686
> version and I have faith that it is at least no worse, and hopefully a
> little better, than the i386 build.

You're my kinda guy, Dave! ;)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a
man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic."
Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., Schenck v. United States