Re: Mega Problem with SATA / 2.6.8.* und 2.6.12.*

news.gmane.org wrote:

Hi NG!

I've got a mega problem with SATA and the above mentioned kernels under
Debian 3.1. I have installed Debian to a PATA 120GB IBM drive on the onboard
controller. As well I have a RAID-5 set (software raid) consisting of 4
samsung sata drives on two pci-controllers with si3112 chipset. Whenever I
Get rid of those si3112 based cards, and get a good promise, via or 3raid based card.

Also, get a 4 port card. In disaster recovery (replacing a failed drive) you don't want to accidentally replace the wrong drive. And it is easy to do that when the drive order can change just by reordering the module loading.

Mike