Re: XFree86 to X.Org: Console colors change

On Saturday 23 July 2005 10:54, Adam Aube <aaube01@baker.edu>
(<[🔎] dbtso8$fjq$1@sea.gmane.org>) wrote:

> Adam Aube wrote:
>
>> After switching from XFree86 to X.Org on Sid recently, I discovered that
>> everytime I used Ctrl+Alt+F[n] to switch between the console and X, the
>> background and text color on the console change to some random color.
>
> The latest version of the X.Org packages (6.8.2.dfsg.1-4) corrects this
> problem, and also the issue (which I didn't mention before) of the screen
> area of the console shrinking while X.Org is running.

I had an additional problem where (the fonts of?) the text console were
corrupted, resulting in working but unreadable consoles.  The colors and
glyphs displayed changed from time to time following some pattern I was
unable to discern.

Concurring with your statement, the latest x.org updates (as of July 23)
fixed all these problems.