Re: Ask software tools in linux serve for windows

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 04:23:59PM +0800, Trace Green wrote:
>2. Does anybody have any idea about how Linux can do service for Windows? Such
>as when my windows crash, I may try to use Ubuntu liveCD to recover my windows
>system.

You might find these links interesting:

 http://www.sysresccd.org/
 http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
 http://www.e-fense.com/helix/

Personally I've never found it worth the time to 'rescue' a Windows
system. AFAICS it's beyond rescue already right after installtion... ;)

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
way to factor large prime numbers.
      -- Bill Gates, _The Road Ahead_, page 265