Konqueror URL Launch Issue
Dear David and friends:
Here is what I did:
I deleted my /home/sher/.kde directory in its entirety. Actually, I just
renamed it. Logged out. Logged back in. The raw, unconfigured, original KDE
with the Wizard greeted me. I then tested Konqueror: BLANK. It took it over a
minute or maybe two to do anything (www.nytimes.com), then it finally brought
up the dreaded URL download box. I waited another full minute. Nothing. I
then tested Mozilla. Brought up the same page instantly. So, I'd gather it
has something to do with Konqueror. That's all I know.
But there is more. After renaming my ~/.kde folder back, I was relieved to see
my carefully configured KDE back. Now, here is the funny part. A few days
ago, when I realized that Konqueror had failed, I switched to Epiphany in
Component Chooser and in File Associations (html). I was able to launch all
of my URL's in Kmail instantly and correctly with Epiphany. Earlier this
morning, I decided to experiment again with Konqueror. Again, it failed. So,
I decided to once again reset Epiphany as my browser in both Component
Chooser and File Associations.
Now, believe it or not, when I click on a URL in Kmail, it starts launching
EPIPHANY, but then instead launches Konqueror. That is, after waiting for an
eternity, I finally see the browser, but it's NOT Epiphany (as it should be
according to my settings) but Konqueror, which just repeats the same fiasco
again. And I might add that, to make sure, I not only logged out and logged
back in after resetting the browser to Epiphany but rebooted. So, we really
have a problem here.
Hope you can help. I really like Kmail. I have tried Evolution (by backup) and
I have tried Thunderbird. But I have always preferred Kmail. But I can't use
it without a URL launch.
Thank you all.