Re: About Debian patch kernel packages.

On Sunday 03 July 2005 05:13, Jansen Carlo Sena wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I need to apply the grsecurity patch and compile a
> new kernel for a server. In this server, I am using a
> kernel image from the 2.6.8 version. Then, I
> downloaded both the kernel-source-2.6.8 package and
> the kernel-patch-grsecurity2.
>
> But I am not able to apply the kernel patch because
> in the kernel-patch-grsecurity2 package there are not
> any diff files to kernel 2.6.8, just for other
> versions like 2.6.11, 2.6.10 and 2.6.7.
>
> What do I want to do to resolve this problem?!
>
> Can anyone help me, please?!
>
> Regards,
>
> Jansen

Ummm, well you could download the incremental patches
from kernel.org to get you from 2.6.8 to 2.6.10 (would
need at least 2 and possibly more if there were
sub-versions), apply those patches to your source tree
and then apply the security patch... But of course the
problem with that is then you have a security-patched
2.6.10 kernel not a security-patched 2.6.8 kernel...

Best I can offer though -- anyone got a better idea?

Mark