Re: LILO bug?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Marty wrote:

> Whenever I try to install lilo to an IDE drive other than the one
> one which I booted, and the later drive is SCSI, I get the following
> warning message from LILO:
>
> Warning: /dev/hda is not on the first disk

if yoou can boot from /dev/hda ... lilo is working
	- pull out the scsi disk to make sure you are booting off /dev/hda

	vi /etc/lilo.conf and run lilo after the changes
		boot = /dev/hda

if you can boot off /dev/sda ... lilo is working
	- pull out /dev/hda to make sure you are booting off /dev/sda

	vi /etc/lilo.conf and run lilo after the changes
		boot = /dev/sda

- it is NOT a bug ( the warning is just that .. a silly warning, just in
  case you didnt meant to do that )

- for the latest lilo... download it fom the originating site ..
	( debian's lilo is pretty out of date )

#
# save your current /etc/lilo.conf FIRST and do QuickInst from the latest
# lilo pkg, whatever version it may be
#
http://home.san.rr.com/johninsd/pub/linux/lilo/lilo-22.6.1.src.tar.gz

- if you dont like lilo, grab grub from the cvs repo from gnu.org

c ya
alvin