Re: Dialer Problems-Only Pon Works

Kent West wrote:

Debian User Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

Kent West wrote:

Debian User Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

I still get the warning about can't write PAP-secrets and
Chap-secrets-Permission denied, when calling wvdial as user.
What is the Debian preferred way to do this?
Is your user a member of the dip and dialout groups?
Yes, they are.  However, I think I may have added my user id my
editing with nano.  When I use adduser
it says the user is already in the group.

Adding the user manually is fine.

Since that's not the problem, and since I'm not a user of dialup, I'm
out of ideas. Hopefully others will be able to help.

Kent, thanks again for your help.  We'll just let this die a natural death.
Over and Out.

Leoanard