Re: torrents

On 6/29/05, Ugo Bellavance <ugob@camo-route.com> wrote:
> Jessica Kong wrote:
> > Hello. I found your e-mail on a website, and I hope you could help me. I
> > downloaded the torrent file and have it saved. But when I tried to open
> > it, it either say it could not open and I should try to install it again
> > or that Windows Media player does not support the file or the codec.
> > This happened so many times, even when I tried to download the torrent
> > again. Can you please help me fix it?
> >
> > Thank-you so much,
> > Jess
>
> The way bittorrent works is that you must call the torrent file with a
> client.  Do a google search on bittorrent and azereus, it should help you.

The problems are not in your .torrent file.

There is another client available through apt-get: bittornado. It is
less work installing and you are more likely to avoid software
conflicts.

Two ways of starting a torrent download.
1. Start the torrent client (bittorrent, bittornado, azureus, etc.)
and open the file from there.
2. Use konqueror, or another filebrowser with  fileascociasions (sorry
my bad spelling) pointing to the bittorrent-client for .torrent files
, it willl do doubleclicking the file there.

Good luck, Vegard