Re: mdadm: raid not working after stop/reboot

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 08:52, Kristian Rink wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> while migrating our mail machine, I am currently learning how to work
> with the new raidtools package based upon mdadm instead of mkraid, and
> currently I'm feeling a little helpless about this. Situations:
>
> * I created a RAID-5 array using mdadm --create, which, so far, worked
> well. * I'm able to create a filesystem on the newly-built RAID array -
> fine, as well.
>
> Anyhow, the very moment I am about to reboot or even just to stop the
> array using mdadm -S, I'm not at all able to get it running again. I
> spent most of this early morning playing around with various versions of
> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf, deleted and recreated the RAID several times, but
> am not really moving ahead. Can anyone enlighten me what might be wrong?
>
> Configuration:
> * aic7xxx - compliant SCSI controller
> * 4x SCSI hard drive
> * RAID array just for /home not /
> * /etc/init.d/mdadm-raid is started and running
>
> TIA and bye,
> Kris
>
> --
> Kristian Rink 	-- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
> planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden
> Tel. 0351 4657716 * Fax 0351 4657707 * krink@pm-planc.de

		hello Kris,

       Have a look at the link for a debian software raid built from the sarge
installer. Hope it can be of help. If you using a initrd kerenl if so have a
look at /usr/share/doc/mdadm/rootraiddoc.97.html
Part II. RAID using initrd and grub

           all the best

                  peter colton