Re: tune linux ip stack?

On 6/28/05, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:
> Stefhen Hovland wrote:
> > I am still recieving suboptimal usenet downloads from
> > news.giganews.com even after  the 4mbps Comcast speed upgrade my city
> > went through a couple of months ago
>
>     What, exactly, is suboptimal pr0n downloads from giganews?  100kps?
> 200kps?  50kps?  What makes you think that TCP stack adjustments are in order
> and not one of, uhm, about 60 possible other bottlenecks?

Well, um,  I used to be able to download pr0n at 400KB/s before the
comcast 4megabit speed for a good solid year and a half, and now since
the upgrade my speeds seem to be limited to ~200KB/s. Nothing else on
my end has changed, and also since my pingtimes have been consistently
around 30-50ms to the giganews server since I got the internet
connection, plus I am only about 10 hops away I am pretty sure it is
not a bottleneck somewhere out of my control.