Re: MythTV

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:00:32 -0400 (EDT)
disciple@exis.net wrote:

> 1. What card would you suggest that I use?

Hauppauge 250 and 350 are popular for use with MythTV in multi card
configurations.

Visit http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/ to see what it takes to install the
driver and decide if you want to go down that road.

The ivtv driver is being extended for Hauppauge 150 and 500 cards.
It is less developed in relation to these so you are taking more
of a chance of getting a card that is not fully supported yet. but
a large percentage of the development effort is going towards getting
these to work.

> 2. To install, do I just do apt-get install mythtv?

Currently for Sarge you want to add:

deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/ unstable mythtv

: to /etc/apt/sources.list. I am pretty sure you will need:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main

: in your sources.list file as well for some supporting packages.

 If you do 'apt-get install mythtv' that will get you the basic MythTV
setup, but there are additional packages mythdvd, mythvideo, etc... in
addition to that. You can do 'apt-cache search myth' or 'dpkg -l
*myth*' to get a listing of the packages.

Later, Seeker