Re: Multihomed - seperate subnets...

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:06:12 +1200
Simon <dev@networker.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I have a debian sarge box with 2 network card as eth0 and eth1 (funny
> enough!).. eth0 is the default on one subnet (a single IP) and eth2 on
                                                                 ^^^^
                                                Assuming 's/eth2/eth1'

> another (listening to multiple IPs).
>
> The problem is that i can ping eth0's IP, but not eth1's... but it
> shows  up on the box as up and i can ping on the box itself...
>
> The cable works and is plugged in. :)

What is the chipset on eth1 and what driver are you using for it? (Not
saying that I have the answer, but you are more likely to get one if you
include that information.) You might also copy/paste the output of "cat
/proc/interrupts".

You may have a driver that a) is buggy b) doesn't fully support that
chipset or a faulty NIC. If you have done any troubleshooting to
eliminate any of those possibilities, that would also be helpful
information to include in your next e-mail.

HTH & HAND,
Jacob