Re: Woody-> Sarge. System won't reboot cleanly

> I'm not sure you want to be running the 386 kernel.
> Try installing one the amd kernels, perhaps the 2.6.8-2-k7 kernel-image.

Tried that - got endless reboots.  I assume that the k7 kernel won't run on
a k6.  Nor will the 686 kernel.  I managed to compile a k6 kernel, but got
the same problem with reboots, and benchmark tests didn't show it to be any
faster than 386.

> You could also try resetting your bios back to defaults.

I'll give that a go.  Might also try a 2.4 kernel - I don't think that
there's any good reason for running 2.6 on an antiquated machine - unless
some reader can correct me.