Re: PCMCIA network card

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 09:33:49PM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:11:03 -0400
> Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote:
>
> > Is there an entry point someone could recommend so I can find a clean
> > path for installing a network card?  It's an Orinoco Gold card.
>
> Install it with a newer kernel and it "should" just work

Which is to say that the correct modules will be loaded when the card is
inserted.  Additional settings (essid, encryption keys, etc.) are set in
/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts, if needed.  You may also need to list an
entry in /etc/network/interfaces (I did, but my configuration in
wireless.opts may be incomplete).

--
     "Love not the world, neither the things that are in
      the world. If any man love the world, the love of the