Re: Upgrade woody-->sarge, KDE stops working

> > Is it just KDE? Try a different wm/environment.

for me, the problem existed with xdm, and kdm. I didn't try gdm.  All
other window managers worked fine.  Just the kde enviroment would fail
on startup.

> > Is it just from gdm? What happens if you kill gdm
> > and try "startx"?

With startx, other wm/'viro's would work, but I could not start up KDE
using startx.

> > Is it just your user? What if you try as a different
> > user?

I never tried to create a new user.  But the problem persisted with
both root and my personal user, and I almost never log in as root.

> > Perhaps you need to move/delete any KDE stuff from
> > your home directory?

I tried to move .kde* and Desktop from my home directory.  That didn't
change anything for me.

If anybody does figure out what the problem is, I'd appreciate
knowing.  Could you post the details and the fix?  Like I said
previously.  I "fixed" it with a fresh install.

-petri