Re: Kernel Panic After Sarge Dist-upgrade To Kernel Image 2.4.27-2-386

Debian User Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

The output of cat /etc/fstab, cfdisk and lilo.conf are shown at the end
of this message.

Hi Leonard,

I looked over your files.  First did you verify the links /vmlinuz
and /vmlinuz.old?  Second, what happens when you boot using LinuxOLD?
(Lacking an enabled prompt option, you might have hit the Tab key to
bring up the boot menu.)

The reason I ask is that I noticed your old kernel didn't use initrd.
If the old kernel still works then you know that at very least, you have
the option of compiling in all your drivers and getting rid of initrd
(which seems to be causing problems for lots of people lately).