Re: X Font size

--- Nikolai Hlubek
<nikolai.hlubek@mailbox.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> KDE and GNOME integration
> =========================
>
> When working with KDE and GNOME applications and not
> running a complete
> GNOME or KDE session (not using "kwn" or "metacity"
> as windowmanager)
> you have the problem, that many subsystems (i.e. the
> fonts) are not loaded.
>
> Here is the solution
>
> Configure kde-apps through kcontrol and gnome with
> gnome-control-center
> then put the following lines in your local .xsession
> creating it if it
> doesn't exist:
>
> kdeinit &
> gnome-settings-daemon &
>
> This ensures that both subsystems will be loaded.
>

> Best regards,
> Nikolai

Hi Nikolai,

Me too am suffering from the small font syndrome; not
only in Firefox but in syanptic as well. In fact, in
synaptic the fonts are so tiny that i can hardly see
them. Firefox is a bit better. The rest of the
applications are OK. My desktop is kde.  I set the
font sizes in the Control Center to 12 pt, then I
created an .xsession file in my home directory as you
mentioned, with ?kdeinit &? line inside. I rebooted my
computer and the login screen appeared but didn't
accept my password anymore. When I entered my password
the login screen just kept reappearing without
reporting any error message. All in all, i couldn't
log in; I had to delete the .xsession file from the
home directory to be able to login again. Did i do
something wrong? Or did i miss something? I am not
very experienced with Linux yet, so it might be that i
misunderstood something.

Regards,
jozsefmak