Re: ALSA: no sound, no error!

Daniel Déchelotte wrote:

>>[...] It detects my sound card
>>as always. And I can't see anything in bootup log about anything
>>related to sound.
>

> May I suggest something like :
>
> # /etc/init.d/alsa stop
> # rm /var/lib/alsa/asound.state
> # /etc/init.d/alsa start
> (and, ough, try and reboot, if everything else fails)
>
> That seems to have solved my last "no sound no error" problem with ALSA
> (and left me without any clue as of why).
> HTH.

Ah, that made sound work. Thanks. But the solution does not seem to
solve the problem permanently. The sound came back after stopping alsa,
removing the file asound.state and then starting alsa again. However,
there was no sound when I rebooted the machine.

Just checking a little more about asound.state, I checked the diff of
the file before sound was working and after sound was working. There was
no difference! So although sound works, it hasn't solved the problem
completely.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
/KS