Re: ALSA: no sound, no error!

Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> En/La [KS] ha escrit, a 23/06/05 18:30:
>
>>Cam wrote:
>>

>>>run alsamixer and turn your volume back up?
>>>
>>>Cameron Matheson
>>>

>>Sorry, I forgot to tell that everything in alsamixer is at full volume,
>>nothing is muted and that running alsaconf does not help either.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>/KS
>>

> Have you run alsaconf lately? Does it see your card? What about the
> bootup messages (in dmesg)? Do they whinge about anything regarding alsa?
> Jonathan

Yes, I did it a few minutes before posting. It detects my sound card as
always. And I can't see anything in bootup log about anything related to
sound.

PS: The sound works if I boot in Windows and with live Knoppix CD.

~$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/sound
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0