Re: Available printers

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:50:07 +0200, David A. Cobb wrote:
> When my wife tries to print from her desktop, the choices of printer are
> * scx5400_5400@:64
> * xp_ps_spooldir_HOME_xprint ... @:64
> * xp_pdf_spooldir_HOME_xprint ...@:64
> * Postscript/scx5300_5400
> And everything she tries to print comes out with very large fonts and
> only about half on the page, as though the dots-per-inch setting is way off.

That system's running xprint, and it just appears that the default
resolution configured for xprint is above the available resolution of
your printer. You can correct this by editing
/etc/Xprint/C/print/attributes/document and setting
*default-printer-resolution: 300
(or whatever resoution is appropriate for the printer).

--
Stephen Patterson steve@patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/
Linux Counter No: 142831 GPG Public key: E3E8E974