Re: gnome system sounds crackling (or hoarse) after upgrade

Apparently, _H. S._, on 20/06/05 15:49,typed:
> Hi,
>
> I am having this strange problem. I recently upgraded a laptop running
> Debian Unstable and a dektop running Debian Testing. Both machines now
> have a faulty Gnome session sounds(login sound, logout sound, system
> sounds). The sounds seem to crackle (as if there is static in them or as
> if they sound hoarse). If I run KDE though, all sounds are clean.
> Chromium and ppracer both have clean sounds. Is anybody else facing this
> problem? Both machines are running 2.6.11 kernel.
>
> thanks,
> ->HS

So, anybody know where the trouble is since at least a couple of other
people are experiencing exactly the same problem?

->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.