RE: secure apache in debian

I have an in-house server for administrators, technicians and such to get
install files and so forth off of.  I do not really want the casual user to
be able to access this server and install software without approval.  Since
security isn't real high here I thought a single log in would be ok.  I
thought there was a way to put some entries into httpd.conf that would cause
the whole server, no matter what page it served up to prompt for a password.