Re: How do i find dynamic IP assigned?

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 04:48:51PM -0400, Patrick Rutkowski wrote:
| On Tuesday 21 June 2005 04:39 pm, Valeriu Cerchez wrote:
| > I'm trying to find out a(/n easy) way to determine
| > what is my dynamic IP assigned by my ISP (not my
| > internal DHCP). I wish to make a script to determine
| > that by request.
| >
| > I would greatly appreciate any suggestion.
| > Thanks, Val.

| While we're at it, i'd love a bash script to mail mine to me :-)

Why do you want that?  I ask because I think DynDNS is a better
solution to the problem I think you are trying to solve.  Sign up for
a free Dynamic DNS account at http://www.dyndns.org.  Install the
'ipcheck' or some similar tool and configure it properly.  Then your
system will notify dyndns of your address and they publish that via
DNS.  For an example, see my domain name.

-D

--
Python is executable pseudocode. Perl is executable line noise.