DHCP problem where ip address is assigned to wrong NIC on reboot

I got a real whacky one.  This old machine I've got has two NICs, and during
install I assign eth1 to be the one used, and it gets the ip address from
DHCP.  Well, after the reboot, that same IP address is assigned to eth0, and
I get no network.  I've solved this by switching the cable over and rebooting,
but it sounds like a bug, so I thought I'd mention it.  The machine I'm running
is an old thing with 92 meg of memory, but presumably it's not the memory that
is confusing DHCP, but just the two NICS.  Perhaps nobody has two NICs anymore?

xc
--
Pride before justice      equals destabilization.
Power before truth        equals destruction.