Re: Too many annoying windows! How to i make it use the same one??

Apparently, _Trevor C. Pankonien_, on 21/06/05 11:59,typed:
> I've been looking through every config file i can imagine and I've
> gotten nothing.  Is there any way to make debian open a folder inside
> the same window, instead of opening a new window each time? it gets to
> be kind of annoying when you are looking for a file nested 6 or 7 layers
> down, and all of a sudden there are windows everywhere.  Thanks in
> advance
> Trevor
> tcpankon@gmail.com

I assume you are talking Gnome nautilus. If not, disregard the following.

One way is to press the shift key while clicking on a folder. This way
the new folder will open and the parent will close. Another method is to
 go into configuration editor(Applications->System Tools->Configuration
Editor) and browse to /app/nautilus/preferences and see if you have some
option related to spatial viewing (don't remember this correctly, but
google may help here). Changing options here will change the default
behavior.

->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.