Re: How come packages dont have a homepage field?

Stefhen Hovland wrote:

I am sure about 99% of
packages out there have a homepage

I think the ratio is much smaller than that but I will not offer a figure myself :-) Most packages have the URL, where applicable, in the copyright file for the program.

I wouldn't like to see debian become too net reliant for things (this package does X. For more info, go to http://xxx/, or, instead of manpages and help, go to http://y etc.) which will slowly but surely erode away the things you can usefully do offline.