Drupal on Debian: how to make http:/site/drupal/ == http://site/ ?

Hello all,

Subject line says it all.  Debian's Drupal install makes the default URL
  http://site/drupal/

How is the average Debian user supposed to make Drupal a default web
site found at
  http://site/
?

If anyone else has crossed this bridge, I would really appreciate a
pointer or solution, as I don't see any Debian documentation on this
question...

Thanks in advance,
Raymond
--
"Be Nice, or Leave - By Order of the Management"
(Sign above door, Black Sheep Inn, Wakefield)