USB cdr

I'm running Sarge with the 2.4 kernel and need help accessing my USB cdr
drive.

I have this line in /etc/fstab:

usbfs 	/proc/bus/usb 	usbfs defaults 	0 	0

mount tells me it is mounted:

polar:/etc/hotplug# mount usbfs
mount: usbfs already mounted or /proc/bus/usb busy
mount: according to mtab, usbfs is already mounted on /proc/bus/usb

Hotpluging is working to the extent that I see things change
under /proc/bus/usb as I move the USB connecter from one port to the other.

So how do I mount the cdr drive itself so I have some place to write to/read
from?

Andy (noob)