Re: RAID 1 Installer Sarge

Quoting Nicos Chrysanthou <nicos.chrysanthou@chryslaw.com>:

Hi,

I am trying to install Sarge using two identical 80GB drives for Raid 1.

I have made one primary RAID partition per drive and with the aid of the
software RAID installer have created a RAID1 device #0 partition, so far so
good.

While trying to create further partitions on the RAID partition I always get
a message that the file system failed to mount. What can I do?

If I understand correctly, I think your trying to partition your raid device.
Which isn't possible.
You'll want to either:
1. Create multiple raid arrays and mount them to your various filesystems
2. Create an LVM and use that to spread out your filesystems

The sarge installer has this all built into the disk paritioning util.

Cheers,
Mike