Re: Damn! Updated system and grub is changed ???????

debian wrote:

Hi,

I upgrade my debian and i do a reboot and i see in my startup screen that my grub configurations are GONE!!! How is this possible ??? Did the debian upgrade this ?
How can i change this back ?
This sucks!

of course, there is a solution.

1- You should boot on a linux install disk (any distro should work)
2- get a terminal, log as root,
3- mount your partition that contain the /boot directory and then
4- edit menu.lst (i guess the upgrade process has just renamed your old menu.lst, so you might not even have to edit this).
5- reboot