how chk memory for printers [was: [Bit OT] Printers]

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 05:23 +0200, Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 02:06:43AM +0200, Olle Eriksson wrote:
> > I have a HL-5150D too, and I have problems with some PDF files too. I use
> > the postscript driver and the printer is supposed to support postscript
> > but still some pages fail to print. I get a Syntax error message printed.
>
> I use a HL-1470 and a HL5070, and I noticed that brscript is not postscript.
> It may be mostly compatible, but it does have its problems. One of my
> colleagues sometimes manages to make a pdf that makes the paper jam when
> printed as postscript...
>
> These printers aren't bad, but they are much more reliable (and faster)
> in pcl mode than in postscript mode.
>
> Frank

While I think of it, do I need to do anything to get CUPS etc to know
that I've put extra memory into my Brother printer? I vaguely recall
somewhere it thought it still had the default (16Mb?) but I've stuck an
additional 128Mb stick in.... I could do with graphics printing a bit
faster

Thanks, Michael