[Resolved] Re: How to capture bootup messages?

Colin Ingram wrote:

Greg wrote:

It matters because if Paulo or anyone else is not using udev then they want be affected by the udev/bootlogd init script bug. Mainly because they want have /etc/init.d/udev on their system which umounts /dev/pts so bootlogd can no longer work. I can't believe no one else has this problem. Is there something else wrong with my system.

Never mind I just noticed that the May 29 udev update(which I haven't gotten around to installing) fixes this problem.
udev (0.056-3) unstable; urgency=high

   * Use group lp for USB printers. (Closes: #309091
     <http://bugs.debian.org/309091>)
   * Use group dialout for sl-modem devices. (Closes: #308488
     <http://bugs.debian.org/308488>)
   * Fix support for more than 9 partitions in removable.sh. (Closes:
     #306400 <http://bugs.debian.org/306400>)
   * Mount the tmpfs from "tmpfs" instead of "none". (Closes: #307199
     <http://bugs.debian.org/307199>)

-- Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=md@linux.it>> Sun, 29 May 2005 19:29:30 +0200