big trouble in upgrading from Debian 3.0 to 3.1

Hi all,

I used dselect in order to upgrade from version 3.0 to 3.1.
I let dselect do it by its own: 956 new upgrade packages were
download but when it tries to install them many errors appear
specially about libc6 C++ and also errors about broken
unpacking. I still can log in to the old 3.0 fortunatelly.
I would appreciate any help in how to solve these issues.

many thanks in advance,
Luiz Emediato

PS: My Debian 3.0 was working dandy prior to the upgrade to 3.1.