Re: Bayes? - 3rd try

On Tuesday June 14 2005 10:58 am, John Fleming wrote:
> Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but noone has responded to my
> question -
>
> If Bayes is working properly, am I supposed to have a Bayes_ entry
> in the X-Spam_Status header info for every email?  I think that's
> the way it used to be - Bayes_00 - Bayes_99 etc.  Lately it seems
> that only the spam emails have those entries.

You have to train spamassassin before you'll start seeing bayes
headers.  It autolearns based on messages with extremely ham or spam
ratings that are pretty much gauranteed to be ham or spam already,
but it will take a lot longer for spamassassin to learn without human
intervention.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca