Re: [newbie] Cannot login as root (not a passwd issue)

Kent West wrote:
Jochen Schulz wrote:

Fernando Cacciola:

P.S.: To what debian does knoopix 3.8.1 installed on hd corresponds to?

Knoppix is always a mixture of stable, testing and unstable. You can
only tell that for each single package. Some of them are patched
versions, which you will not find in Debian, I suppose. You can still
try to make it a real Debian installation by adjusting your sources.list
and sticking to one of the distributions (preferably stable). Although
that may lead to problems, since Knoppix' package versions may be more
recent than the ones from sarge.

Kanotix (http://www.kanotix.com) is a Knoppix-like LiveCD which is based
more purely on Debian Sid, so converted over into a pure Debian system
tends to be easier than with Knoppix.

OK, I'll have it mind for my next round.

Fernando Cacciola