Re: Understanding apt-setup

Brian Bennett wrote:

I'm trying to understand how apt-setup works. Just so you know where I'm coming from, I have a very large install base of Debian Sarge built from testing installer discs. The problem that I am having is that after converting my PC (my first and foremost testing box) to Sarge stable (I even downgraded over 100 packages to become purely stable) apt-setup still insists on giving me testing sources. I've been building servers looking forward to the Sarge release, and now that it's out I want to keep them all at stable. If we hire a new admin in 6 months and he uses apt-setup to get a different mirror I don't want it to be testing.

Silly question from a newbie:

Did you check your sources.list? Are they pointing at sarge, stable or testing?

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.