Re: Slow Firefox performance on P4 1.7 GHz 1 GB system

On Saturday 28 May 2005 21:15, Ionut Georgescu wrote:
> On the other hand, the windows versions of Firefox and Thunderbird are
> amazingly fast. This is really said ...

Some of the windows ports seem to leave linux versions in the dust due to the
higher number of users and developers on windows, unfortunately.  A few
emulators have had this problem.  E-UAE recently started to try to re-port
all of WinUAE features back into UAE for unix, but it's going to take some
time, and WinUAE will probably still keep progressing in the meantime.

It's a pity we don't have a license that encourages portable code.  But I
can't imagine how that would work.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.