Re: HOWTO reverse proxy through an internal-server-initiated ssh tunnel?

On 5/23/05, Josh Rehman <javajosh@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/23/05, André Carezia <andre@carezia.eng.br> wrote:

No. Look for AllowTcpForwarding in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

I don't have permission to read that file - I'll contact the sysadmin. Thanks.

Turns out that my hosting service has dissallowed usage of TCP forwarding for "security concerns". Not sure what those concerns are. I may still be able to get them to turn it on though. André, your help was great - I wouldn't have known what to ask without you. Thanks again.

--
"It seemed to them that they did little but eat and drink and rest, and walk among the trees; and it was enough."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, "The Mirror of Galadriel"