Re: Leafnode timing out on news server that works with a news client.

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:17:36PM +0100 or thereabouts, Adam Funk wrote:
> Steve A wrote:
>
> > Run leafnode in full verbose mode to see what's happening. Then you should
> > see what the "previous condition" is.
>
> I added "-vv" to fetchnews in /etc/news/leafnode/do-fetch-news and got this
> mail.

<snip>

> The previous messages since increasing the verbosity indicate the same
> problem with alt.test.  Is that group just too big for leafnode/fetchnews
> to handle?

Hm shouldn't be. In '/etc/news/leafnode' there is a filter file. Try adding
alt.test to it and fetching again.  I've never used this filter, I'm not
sure if it filters on fetch or afterwards -- Hopefully it works.

Is this the current version of Leafnode from Sarge (Leafnode NNTP Daemon,
version 1.11.2.rel) that you're using ?

--
Steve A.
Thursday May 26 2005 04:10:02 PM EDT