Re: Fwd: Re: Probably a stupid question but...

Pissing around with the "expert" mode of install leads me to belive that some
(possibly all) the network modules are missing from the installer as well as
some other modules.  In an attempt to get around this I installed another
network card in the machine and tried to boot again.  Same failure but
different module.

So far the missing (or mismatched) modules are:

tg3 (network)
8139too (network)
ide-mod
ide-probe-mod
ide-detect
ide-floppy
eth1394

Now without a network card I cannot continue - am I just unlucky insofar as
the two network cards I have tried are just too exotic to make it onto the CD
(seems unlikely) or is there a problem with the installer (in which case what
do I do?),

Cheers,

SA