tape drive help

Hello,

I got assigned to set up a new backup system here at
work, so i've decided to go w/ amanda.  Everything
seems to be great, except for the fact that i have no
experience w/ tape whatsoever.  I've configured amanda
so that it works and will back up to my tape drive
/dev/nst0, but i would like to be able to use
/dev/nst1 as well.  Amanda seems to have  that kind of
functionality through writing tape-changing scripts,
but i just don't know enough about tapes to get it
going.  I'm running a Spectra 1200C (it has 30 slots
and 2 drives), w/ two tape drives (sony sdx-700c's)...
i don't even know how to switch from nst0 to nst1
(which is now inaccessible) from the command line... i
checked for a tape HOWTO, but i didn't see one...
where can i learn about this stuff?  how can i get my
other tape-driving working w/ amanda?

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson

P.S.  Please CC me, i am not subscribed to the list
here at work.