famd won't let go of my samba shares! (myref: rl3a26may)

re: Sarge / Kde / konqueror / smbmounts

Often when I mount a remote samba share and browse the share with konqueror, I
can't unmount it after. mount complains that "device is busy".

This happens when the mount point is not showing in konqueror, and no files
are opened on the share by any other application.

In fact, the only way I've found to unmount the files is to

$ su root
$ umount -l /mount/point

When I used
$ lsof | grep /mount/point

I found that famd has the mount point open/engaged. Kill famd and I can
unmount the share. But then famd is kinda useful.

Anyone else had this problem?

thanks
rich.