Re: Custom kernel building and mkinitrd

--- Phil Dyer <phil@dyermaker.org> wrote:

> I'm guessing that you do have initrd enabled in the kernel?
>
> Block Devices -> RAM Disk Support -> Initial RAM disk (initrd)
>
> phil

Actually, I didn't. I never had it turned on. But I went ahead and got
back to the debien kernel-source package and did the whole thing again
(configure / clean / compile / install) using make-kpkg and making sure
the initrd option is turned on, but I still got the same results : no
initrd image created at installation time, and no initrd image created
using mkinitrd manually.

So I guess I'll have to submit that bug report. It is my first, so I
want to make sure I do it right. I'll do it tomorrow (it is past 2
o'clock in the morning here !!!) to make sure I have all of my brain
with me ;)

ib